Hi Steve,

> I find the code completion a bit intrusive when I'm typing. I will
> grant you that this is exactly what a newcomer needs, but I'd like to
> be able to switch it off.  Part of the problem is that I'm too damn
> used to SciTE ;)

That's easy: autocomplete = false in the config file
(http://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-general-preferences.html#autocomplete).
You can also specify that you want auto-complete to start after N
characters to make it less "chatty". Another option is to disable it
for just "baselib" functions and keywords as you may already be very
familiar with those.

I've been playing with the idea of "learning" what auto-complete
suggestions you may be interested in; for example, if you quickly type
"print" without using auto-complete, you are probably not interested
in the IDE offering you "print" on the list. So, everything you type
manually, would be excluded from the auto-complete list until you
explicitly request it (using auto-complete hotkey) to reset it. This
hasn't been implemented yet, but could potentially reduce some of the
chattiness and make the suggestions more "intelligent"...

Paul.