On Aug 12, 2013, at 9:49 AM, steve donovan wrote:

> This goes beyond any crass notion of 'reskinning' Lua [1]

I'm having problems sourcing it, but somebody said the (early) Microsoft CLI really did imply themeable/skinnable languages. C# is the use-case language. Under the covers, VB.NET was just a different flavored syntax for C# since VB had to support the same object/type model. Managed C++ ended up the same way.

I never really understood the market for VB.NET; it was only marginally related to VB6.

Jay