On 11/12/2012 17:27, Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM, liam mail <liam.list@googlemail.com> wrote:
Having a sense of humour about racism? Yes I recall South Africa
having a laugh at it.

Oh, we're talking about black people finding white people funny, which
was not the classic story.

Actually, the author of that site is a white Canadian. The "White
People" moniker is a proxy for the dominant culture in
Western/industrialized countries (WEIRD), and the mockery is IMO spot
on (speaking as a white European if that matters). For whatever
reasons, Liam is very sensitive about the topic, and his racism
detector got what is IMO a false positive.

/thread?

-- Pierre-Yves

I interpreted it exactly that way --but english is foreign to me as well so I may have missed relevant connotations.