On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:09:03AM +0200, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> Choosing the libraries can be controversial... Lot of people can
> feel annoyed to have not been mentioned. Lot of people will think
> their favorite library should have been mentioned instead of
> another.

Well, I had in mind more the selection of standard set of quality
batteries, rather than a despotic sentence to death for uninteresting
extensions. And this just means extra responsibility for their
(consensual) authors, not extra fame.

The point is that today you know Lua runs everywhere and it is well
supported. What about the extensions? Are they portable? Will they be
supported in the future? Will they be ported to Lua 5.2?

These are real issues if you plan to use Lua as a general purpose language.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi