I don't know if Roberto accepts custom orders ;), but here are a
couple of things I would really like to see in the third edition of
PiL:

* a brief mention of the major Lua extensions, with their main
features. Since Lua does not come with a standard library of its own,
having a schematic table of the most popular extensions is essential
for the beginners.

* something about the use of Lua on portable devices (Android,
microcontrollers, etc)

By the way, is the book release still scheduled for August 2012?

Cheers

Sergei