[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: RE: Wishlist for PiL 3rd ed.
- From: "Thijs Schreijer" <thijs@...>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:43:44 +0200
Just my 2 cts; Some things that would have made my life easier when learning
1) Layout of the Lua system (see
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2012-04/msg00880.html for an example). Some
diagrams on this topic would work wonders for starters to grasp how it all
2) some visual explanation of the stack concept, positive and negative
indexes. Adding a few pictures would work wonders here as well.
3) more hard-core but still relevant judging by the number of questions on
the list; some more attention to multi-threading and callbacks (info on the
wiki is mostly ordered by solutions, not by use-case, which makes it hard)
In general I just like diagrams to explain stuff, which the book is short
Like I said, just my 2 cts.