Just my 2 cts; Some things that would have made my life easier when learning
Lua;

1) Layout of the Lua system (see
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2012-04/msg00880.html for an example). Some
diagrams on this topic would work wonders for starters to grasp how it all
fits together.

2) some visual explanation of the stack concept, positive and negative
indexes. Adding a few pictures would work wonders here as well.

3) more hard-core but still relevant judging by the number of questions on
the list; some more attention to multi-threading and callbacks (info on the
wiki is mostly ordered by solutions, not by use-case, which makes it hard)

In general I just like diagrams to explain stuff, which the book is short
of.

Like I said, just my 2 cts.
Thijs