On 21 May 2012 20:30, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
> I find it very sad that it does not happen in Toulouse, where some very dedicated folks wanted to organize it, just because some big $$$ company in the US stepped up.

I don't see that it prevents a European Lua get-together (albeit
perhaps smaller) if people still want to do such a thing. I don't see
that *the* Lua workshop has to be the only Lua event each year.

The XMPP community has two "summits" a year, one in Europe, one in the
US. They are usually colocated with relevant tech conferences (FOSDEM,
OSCON, etc.) which helps gain attendance. It works pretty well.
Obviously some people can only attend one or the other, but a lucky
few are usually present at both.

> (and yes, I will not participate in the even, because it is held in the US, a country that does not respect minimal rights of persons)

We. Know.

Regards,
Matthew