On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 May 2012 20:30, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
>> I find it very sad that it does not happen in Toulouse, where some very dedicated folks wanted to organize it, just because some big $$$ company in the US stepped up.

Well, I guess, in the end, American Lua-ers deserve a workshop as much
as we do :-)

> I don't see that it prevents a European Lua get-together (albeit
> perhaps smaller) if people still want to do such a thing. I don't see
> that *the* Lua workshop has to be the only Lua event each year.

The main problem of that get together would be lack of Lua team presence.

But maybe a virtual presence (for a talk or two) could be arranged if
team is willing — I've seen it done nicely a couple of times on other
conferences.

So, anyone for an Lua Workshop 2012 / Europe? I'm in.

Alexander.