> I find it very sad that it does not happen in Toulouse, where some
> very dedicated folks wanted to organize it, just because some big $$$
> company in the US stepped up.

I would like to remark that we explicitly asked for the workshop to
be in the US this year.

> (and yes, I will not participate in the even, because it is held in
> the US, a country that does not respect minimal rights of persons)

Sadly it is hardly alone. As a third-world citizen, I have been ill
treated in several immigrations around the world. (As other examples
of minimal rights: A few years ago a Brazilian was killed by the
London police, who had "mistaken" him for a terrorist; more recently a
Brazilian student was killed by the Australian police, for a suspected
theft of a packet of biscuits. Of course, the Brazilian police is much
worse...)

-- Roberto