In message <CA+ZMS_s1g6Ey-CXThTJaU4bBVWFO18Kx4scYMuOGOiHzgCS5ow@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> And look, RISC OS!  Gavin Wraith can jump right in there!

He already has! See this page of proposals for software to be bundled with
RISC OS for the Raspberry Pi.
http://www.riscosopen.org/wiki/documentation/show/Raspberry%20Pi%20disc%20image%20proposals

The open-sourcing of RISC OS, the appearance of lots of ARM machines
as suitable targets for porting and now the Raspberry Pi project, these
have been a tremendous morale-boost for the mostly ancient RISC OS
community. Why we might even get some young people playing with it
again!

I have already "registered interest" in getting a Raspberry Pi. When the
frenzy has died down I may be able to get through to where I can actually
buy one. I look forward to compiling Lua in Linux on it, too.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/