> I don't quite understand what makes the Rasberri Pi so special with
> regard to Lua. I've read it will support Fedora Linux, so Lua should be
> only one "yum install" away.

> Maybe I missed something important here?

What made me think that it may not be just as easy is the fact that
the Wikipedia article mentions support for those specific languages,
as if some special kind of support was planned for them.
A proper project working to make Lua "at home" with Raspberry would
naturally have to provide more specialized support than a simple Lua
install. Think of support for the peripherals, etc. which are the main
reason why Raspberry is so interesting in the first place.
Some custom work would be needed to make Lua work (as in being
"actually useful") on that platform. And that can only come with a
proper project.