On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM, sergei karhof <karhof21@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some custom work would be needed to make Lua work (as in being
> "actually useful") on that platform. And that can only come with a
> proper project.

Well, support for Linux looks good [1], including Debian so Lua is
just an apt-get away. ARM processors come in many shapes and sizes but
apparently the RPi is quite capable of compiling C - otherise, there's
sure to be a cross-compile kit.

"Actually useful' I suppose means working with the GPIOs and so forth.
That can be fun/irritating, depending on your orientation [2]

And look, RISC OS!  Gavin Wraith can jump right in there!

steve d.

[1] http://elinux.org/RPi_Distributions
[2] personally I've become very adverse to embedded Linux, since it
becomes a full-time occupation.