[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: LuaRocks can't find libz.so or libz.dll when installing lzlib
- From: Matthew Wild <mwild1@...>
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:44:38 +0000
On 29 February 2012 21:34, Patrick Rapin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Noooooo!!! Anything but another zlib :)
> Do you have a better idea ?
Multiple, in no particular order:
1) Merge them into a single project
2) Rename them so they are distinct projects
3) Ensure they all implement a common API subset
> As I wrote, this is for an example binding and for educational
> purpose; not for releasing to the community (although I think it could
> be possible).
Sure, I'm only partly serious. We *do* have too many zlib bindings
called lzlib, and it was driving me mad enough without learning that
another was just born! But I understand you had good reason to.
I'd love to see a solution to the situation, but am not in a position
to myself right now. I guess the original authors are either busy,
absent or simply not motivated enough to implement any of the
solutions right now.
Matthew (realising we just hijacked a thread)