On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:

> ZLIB_DIR works as a "prefix" variable, and ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR
> are produced as ZLIB_DIR/lib and ZLIB_DIR/include. If that's not the
> case in your system, you can pass ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR
> explicitly.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> -- Hisham
> http://hisham.hm/

I explicitly set ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR at the command line and
LuaRocks didn't seem to have any issues finding zlib this time.
Unfortunately fixing that just brought about another issue, namely the
absence of a "Makefile.win" file. I tried adapting the existing
Makefile and saving it as Makefile.win, but this gave me an error.

This is the output I get:
--------
>luarocks ZLIB_LIBDIR=C:\Users\CoonPC\Downloads\zlib125dll\dllx64 ZLIB_INCDIR=C:\Users\CoonPC\Downloads\zlib125\zlib-1.2.5 make lzlib-0.3-1.rockspec
Warning: variable CFLAGS was not passed in build_variables
Warning: unmatched variable LUA_DIR

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

Makefile.win(56) : fatal error U1000: syntax error : ')' missing in macro invoca
tion
Stop.

Error: Build error: Failed building.
--------