On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Choonster TheMage
<choonster.2010@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
>>
>> ZLIB_DIR works as a "prefix" variable, and ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR
>> are produced as ZLIB_DIR/lib and ZLIB_DIR/include. If that's not the
>> case in your system, you can pass ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR
>> explicitly.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> -- Hisham
>> http://hisham.hm/
>>

> I explicitly set ZLIB_LIBDIR and ZLIB_INCDIR at the command line and
> LuaRocks didn't seem to have any issues finding zlib this time.
> Unfortunately fixing that just brought about another issue, namely the
> absence of a "Makefile.win" file. I tried adapting the existing
> Makefile and saving it as Makefile.win, but this gave me an error.
>
> This is the output I get:
> --------
>>luarocks ZLIB_LIBDIR=C:\Users\CoonPC\Downloads\zlib125dll\dllx64 ZLIB_INCDIR=C:\Users\CoonPC\Downloads\zlib125\zlib-1.2.5 make lzlib-0.3-1.rockspec
> Warning: variable CFLAGS was not passed in build_variables
> Warning: unmatched variable LUA_DIR
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> Makefile.win(56) : fatal error U1000: syntax error : ')' missing in macro invoca
> tion
> Stop.
>
> Error: Build error: Failed building.
> --------
>
> Here's a paste of Makefile.win:
> http://pastebin.com/9hdtCN3U

Please try the updated rockspec I just uploaded:

http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/lzlib-0.3-2.rockspec

I haven't tested it on Windows, but it should there (unless there's
anything Unix specific in the code of lzlib, which is unlikely). Let
me know your results.

Thanks for the feedback!

-- Hisham
http://hisham.hm/