On 29 February 2012 20:28, Patrick Rapin <toupie300@gmail.com> wrote:
> Side remark. This thread showed me the existence of a "lzlib" library
> for binding zlib with Lua [1].
> When I looked at LuaForWindows distribution, it just happens that no
> direct usage of zlib was included (there are however gzio and LuaZip).
> I am not particularly surprised that  such a binding actually exists ;
>  zlib is so common that someone would for sure have done the job.
>
> Anyway.  A weak ago I have written a zlib binding as an example for
> our modular book [2].

Noooooo!!! Anything but another zlib :)

 - http://luaforge.net/projects/luazlib
 - https://github.com/LuaDist/lzlib (later version of the above?)
 - https://github.com/brimworks/lua-zlib

All answer to require("zlib"). The APIs differ. Prosody depends on the
last one, for reasons I can't remember right now (and I vaguely recall
participating in a thread about it here a while back).

Regards,
Matthew