> Noooooo!!! Anything but another zlib :)

Do you have a better idea ?
As I wrote, this is for an example binding and for educational
purpose; not for releasing to the community (although I think it could
be possible).
We expect most of our future readers to have some experience with
zlib, so it should be easier for them understand the code.
In addition, because zlib is simple, a 207 lines binding can better
fit in a book than (let's say), a 10'000 lines one for Qt4...

Thanks anyway for pointing two other zlib bindings.
As I wrote in the book, this shows quite well than a binding to a
certain library can be done in plenty of ways.