For both luvit and nodejs, the main loop is libuv.  I'm not sure if
it's possible to share a loop, but it would be a neat experiment for
someone (not me) to try.

The only way I can imagine node and luvit working together is with
multiple processes and message passing through some common IPC.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Aquino <mr.danielaquino@gmail.com> wrote:
> At least offer some kind of "pump" feature so it doesn't dominate the
> main loop as is possible in Python's Twisted.
>
> In ruby EventMachine owns the main loop and makes it very hard to work
> with other code.
>

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had this crazy idea. Now that Node is venturing into V8 isolates
>> (multithreading in isolated interpreter states) for clusters and the
>> such with passing deeply frozen objects or string messages between the
>> isolates. As far I undestood Lua_state is mostly the analogous thing
>> to what V8 understands as isolate. Would it be possible / cool  to
>> have a Luvit Lua_state as Isolate within a Node.JS, or vice versa?
>>
>> One would throw out Lua's advantage of being small, since you'd have
>> both interpreters running. But you keep fast, and would open to use
>> any already written Node module functionality to be used from Luvit.
>> Well you'd have to design some messaging between the Lua/JS isolates,
>> but it should be possible, to use in Luvit say for example the mongodb
>> interface written in javascript for node through the isolate
>>
>> Since Node is just developing isolates and doesn't have a defined
>> interface for that yet, it might be a little early, but would make
>> awesomesauce^2 if that would be possible.
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 4:59 AM, jiang yu <yu.jiang.163@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oh, My god, should I regard it as the third revolution of Lua.
>>> 1. lua language self, simple,clean and powerful
>>> 2. lua jit, speed