Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> It usually has been registered _as_ copyrighted, which automatically
>> registers the time when it enters the public domain.
>
> Under the Berne Convention there is no requirement to register the
> copyright in a work, and in many countries it is not even possible to
> register copyright.

And you'll likely find that in such countries, the concept of "public
domain" is not well-defined.  Which was pretty much what I said to start
with.

Anyway, Roberto asked for a stop for this thread, and it looks like we
can go through this circular reasoning another dozen times without
anybody being any the wiser, so we might as well stop indeed.

Keeping a mailing list lean, mean and to the point is apparently harder
than doing the same with a language.

--
David Kastrup