> >> From: Lorenzo Donati<lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it>

> > hereby granted.

> Anyway, to be fair, It wasn't necessary. I stand corrected, as you may
> have read in another branch of this thread. Thus sorry for the noise.

I might have written the same note. To explain myself, i'm working on a
larger Lua-package which i hope to publish. Then, copyright clearly matters.
Thus each and every source of cause contains such a note. For the posting
of the mail-list, i retained the copyright as an originator notice, and thought,
a license would be implicitly granted for use of discussion. If anyone would
have used it, well, in this case i considered the snippet to be draft and short
enought.

Since i'm new on the list, it is good to learn, that the people here are
copyright aware. In fact i have a copyright concern with said package
and the yet unknown 'folklore' of the Lua-users, since Lua itself and all
of the packages i came across are MIT-licensed.

Now having a strong GPL background, i would not license my work under
MIT/X11 and wonder, if this would be considered a violation of habits,
thus making a publication partically useless. Could anyone please tell me
if there's a common position here on this matter.

-lars

PS.

> BTW, I don't know if it is just a problem of mine, since no-one else has
> complained yet, but it seems your mail client breaks the discussion
> thread. That is, every reply you send starts a new thread, instead of
> following the old one (in your replies' mail headers the field
> "in-reply-to" is missing).
>
> If this is a problem on your side, consider that it is very difficult to
> follow a thread in this way. Usually there is an option to "reply to
> mailing list", instead of "reply to", which should set the mail headers
> in the correct way.

This IS really an annoyancy, sorry. I subscribed a mail digest, and my client
does not handle this. I changed my subscription's options and it will become
better in my later postings.