Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> writes:

>> Public domain is the only licensing model that does not cause any
>> problems. :)
>
> I've heard that some companies won't touch public domain code for fear
> that someone will sue because they can't be sure who the author really
> is.

To actually place something in the public domain, you need to _register_
it as such I think.  So most code claiming to be in the public domain
isn't.  It just has an expression of intent affixed to it.  If the
author dies and his heirs decide their intent is different, there is not
much you can do about that.

--
David Kastrup