On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 05:55:36PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Keeping a mailing list lean, mean and to the point is apparently
> harder than doing the same with a language.

It's very hard for languages too: pythons are called constrictors
for a good reason, it is an ancient proverb that wisdom is better
than rubies, and alas, perls are generally cast to swine.  Then
I have not yet alluded to the likes of Ada, C++ and Java.

Pascal (in the days when Niklaus Wirth was the sole BDFL, before
Borland got in on the act) and Lua are the only two exceptions
I know.

Dirk