>At 07:15 AM 8/4/2011, Stephan Reich wrote:
>OK, I think it does seem to depend on the actual script. Here's
>what I did, maybe it helps in finding the problem: ....

Interesting. The test case provided by Stefan does indeed crash
for me on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, using Lua For Windows Version
5.1.4-45. The crash happens immediately on mouse-over inside the
frame. If the mouse happens to be sitting where the window opens,
then the crash is immediate. Otherwise, I can grab and drag any
of the borders or title without a crash.

The crash description reported by Windows is:

>Problem signature:
>  Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH
>  Application Name:    lua.exe
>  Application Version: 5.1.4.0
>  Application Timestamp:       49ca8e3c
>  Fault Module Name:   comctl32.dll_unloaded
>  Fault Module Version:        0.0.0.0
>  Fault Module Timestamp:      4ce7b82c
>  Exception Code:      c0000005
>  Exception Offset:    732e58cc
>  OS Version:  6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
>  Locale ID:   1033
>  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
>  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
>  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
>  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I notice with Dependency Walker against wx.dll that the only DLL
linked from a SxS assembly happens to be comctl32. I wonder if
there is some difference in the manifests provided for lua.exe
and wlua.exe that could relate.

Ross Berteig                               Ross@CheshireEng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/
+1 626 303 1602