On 12/31/2010 10:13 AM, Patrick Mc(avery wrote:
On 12/30/2010 09:04 PM, KHMan wrote:
It's like we're hiding behind the boulders and pointing our
fingers at
dis and dat

I fell bad about this, I am guilty as sin of pointing at dis or
dat but I am of no use other then making suggestions.
[snip]

Don't feel guilty, I like robust discussions and all; on the Internet we must have a thick skin. It's interesting though that the mindshare for certain themes is so big.

[snip]
I do think its a good idea to have someone heading this up or a
wiki with a set of guidelines. One thing I have learned is that
even the very bright people on this list cannot always agree on
how things ought to be done. If one person stands up to do it
alone, I doubt their work will be accepted, without that work
having been carried out in a somewhat pre-agreed to manner.

Well, in this case, one person has to decide for himself/herself to become dictator and has to run with it for a few years. No doubt there will be contributors. The concept of nominating people in this case here is, I think, unsound.

Over the years, this theme has gone around probably a few dozen times. Therefore, those who are proposing this thing now, anew, should think about it a bit more -- think action, think tangibles.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)