The arc of this thread has been very interesting. It started with a user asking for help to modify his copy of Lua to work better for him in his circumstances. Rather than just offer him the help he needed and ending it there, it ended up with the original author feeling persecuted, and the conversation exploding into yet another battle about... everything.

So... to carry forward the grand tradition...