>  The arc of this thread has been very interesting.  It started with
> a user asking for help to modify his copy of Lua to work better for
> him in his circumstances.

That is not true. The original post started like this:

  Could you send me opinions about OOBIT patch? I would appreciate any
  opinion that could help me to decide the patch's future.

He explicitly asked for "opinions", not for "help". And if he wanted to
change only his own copy of Lua, he would not bother to list the pros
and cons of the patch.

-- Roberto