On Sun, September 12, 2010 15:52, Pierre Chapuis wrote:

>> Apparently nobody has it yet, I find it strange. Why not the
classical:

>> a = b ? x : y

Pierre,

   I like this, it's very compact, and the '?' is quite suggestive of
the meaning.

   However, the ':' symbol is already used by Lua, so cannot be used
here.

   Perhaps replace ':' by '!', as in

      a  =  b  ?  x  !  y

   since '!' is currently unused, and ( at least in the C / Java world
) means 'not',
   which is similar to the 'else' interpretation of ':'.

Joseph Manning / Computer Science / University College Cork / Ireland