How about just change the existing if-then-else-end to become a ternary operator?

local successful = if result==1 then void_func1(); bool_func2() eiseif result==2 then do_this(); false; else bool_func3() end

It returns the last thing in the block, just like lisp's "cond".

Big change, but IMO more elegant.

Eric