David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>> [I admit, an if-else operator is something I've wanted quite a few
>> times in the past, and given the extremely small implementation cost,
>> seems like it's almost a no-brainer...]
>
> A child has an extremely small implementation cost as well.  You have to
> keep the followup costs in mind.

Hmm, given that it arguably could make much code _clearer_, the followup
costs may actually be less than zero... :)

[Note I'm talking about a simple "if EXPR then EXPR else EXPR", not
something fancy that allows embedded blocks or whatever.]

-Miles

--
Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot