Enrico Colombini wrote:
[...]
> I agree that's the real question. Since my first explanation about
> sources made no sense, I'm wondering too. They could use a Corona
> detector, a Flash detector and so on, but that would be just crazy.

For my day job I work for a company producing a cross-platform mobile
game development environment (<plug> antixlabs.com. Develop in C or C++,
single game binary runs natively on ix86, ARM, Thumb, MIPS so far, a
variety of operating systems are supported --- although not iPhone for
obvious reasons; and yes, we'll let you run Lua if you want </plug>).

My guess is that they're trying to do some kind of automated analysis of
what the application does, and so need to know all the OS entrypoints
and require the code to be structured in a certain way. Bypassing the
entrypoints or doing dynamic code generation etc may scupper this.

It sounds like they're trying to find some middle ground between the
totally-unmoderated model of Android's Market and the
every-game-is-vetted-by-a-human model of, e.g., ours. I suspect this
will come to bite them.

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com