On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Geoff Leyland
<geoff_leyland@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> doctest.lua reads a markdown file and tries to execute any code snippets it
> finds, reporting errors and matching output.  It's not great, it's
> sufficient.

Which is usually all that's needed!  These are the kind of things
everyone needs in their toolchest.

> I haven't tried syntax-coloring either.  There must be something that does
> that, right?  Or is the attraction of pure Lua enough to make it worth
> building that wheel?

People often use client-side Javascript, e.g. Alex Gorbatchev's syntax
highlighter does Lua as well as the usual suspects.

> from http://www.incremental.co.nz/projects/lua.html  (BTW, how's the snippet
> site coming on?).

Not bad, we have a prototype. Been writing half-assed Lua parsing code
to extract dependencies and exports from snippets automatically.

steve d.