> But I am thinking - this is a very 1993 way of doing a FAQ.  Surely in
> this age of Web 2.0 something more intelligent can be put together?
> I'm wondering what Yuri and the other Web devs think. Clearly this
> Does Not Scale.

What I would suggest is using a simple Wiki/CMS, making each question
a separate node, breaking it into a short answer (2-3 lines) and the
details, then displaying just the short answers in the index with a
link for more. (The link could just trigger AJAXy expansion of the
answer on the same page.) You could keep it semi-controlled, giving
editing privileges to some people, but not to all. You could also
enable comments on each question's URL. You should add syntax
highlighting too. The content could still all be in Markdown. Maybe
add RSS too.

If you are interested, I can recommend a Lua-based Wiki/CMS that can
do all of this. :)

  - yuri

--
http://spu.tnik.org/