On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Colin<colin.hch@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is what comes from making wild assertions, the dark side of the
>> chatty-and-relaxed approach to writing tutorials.
>
> (I hope you don't become discouraged too easily, would be a shame.)

Not a chance! I'm an engineer by inclination, if not by training (was
a theoretical physicist at one point), I must just remember not to use
the word 'mathematics'.

The basic purpose of this (unofficial) FAQ is to provide a resource
where the curious can find information, that they would otherwise end
up asking here.  So I'm looking for 'problem patterns'.

And I need contributions from people with other areas of expertise,
although I'm appreciating the feedback so far.

steve d.