[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: RE: Unresolved External Symbols in Visual Studio 2005 with Lua
- From: "Aaron Saarela" <Aaron.Saarela@...>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:23:32 -0500
Two choices in VS2005:
1. For each .c file in the Lua source, change the
Properties->C/C++->Advanced->Compile As from "Compile as C++ code" to
"Compile as C code"
2. Rename all the .c files to .cpp, remove references to extern 'C', and
compile Lua as C++.
I found #2 easier and this works just fine for me.
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Ben Maher
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 7:03 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Unresolved External Symbols in Visual Studio 2005 with Lua
I don't think the message went through before, because the maximum message
size is something like 40k, but I was trying to export and attach my VS
settings so you guys could have a look at it. Also in that message was my
belief that there is a problem with the way I've got Visual Studio
configured, not the code itself.
Oh, and I'm not a complete Visual Studio newb. I've had about a years
experience with it, as I've been studying Interactive Gaming. However, I
haven't properly explored all the nooks and crannies of VS. I know enough to
add in static libraries, or add new paths to the project directories, you
know, basic stuff like that.
I've experienced line break problems similar to the ones in that text file
before. It's simply a matter of replacing all the 0x0a's with 0x0d0a's
(Windows uses two bytes for carriage return and newline).
Ermm... I guess I should find some sort of public file hosting service, so
that I can show everyone my VS settings, but I'm going to wait until morning,
it's 1.00am here, and I'm tired.