On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> P.S. If a text file is "incorrectly formatted", you should get a
>> proper text editor.
>
> We're considering moving from plain text to HTML for the doc files in 5.2
> (but leave a copy in plain text just in case).

Two forms of the same identical content are fine, but please don't
remove the plain text file.

Its enormously convenient for programmers, lua's target audience, to
read the docs with the same editor we use to modify the makefile, the
luaconf.h, and just generally work with the lua code.

I don't believe that reading the docs is the largest barrier to entry
to using lua, however,
notepad on XP, at least, displays NL delimited text as a single line.
Wordpad should be used in preference to it. Perhaps a note on the
first line to this effect would be sufficient.

Sam