It was only two weeks ago that I was relating to a work college how different the Lua mailing list was to the OpenBSD one :-). This is an obvious troll btw.

Edwin Eyan Moragas wrote:
while i was reading this thread i thought i was in the openbsd list. :D

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Patrick Donnelly
<batrick.donnelly@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Stephen Kellett
 <lua@objmedia.demon.co.uk> wrote:
 >  Frankly, I think the reply you got was more arrogant than your message.
 >
 >  The company I work for create software tools. Despite the wonderful
 > testimonials and emails congratulating us on our work we occasionally get
 > the most incredibly insensitive and arrogant emails from potential customers
 > that I assume are frustrated for one reason or another (which is why their
 > emails appear arrogant or insensitive, etc, etc).
 >
 >  The incorrect approach is to berate them for their attitude.
 >
 >  The sensible approach is to identify why they have that attitude, attend to
 > the problem they have and then fix whatever caused them to have that
 > attitude.
 >
 >  Its sometimes a hard one to swallow and you won't always manage it (for
 > example, if like me you suffer from occasional low blood sugar, you can
 > either be rude (unintentionally, the low blood sugar causes running on
 > ardenaline and you are often unaware of your own behaviour) or walk away,
 > get something to eat and answer the email sensibly).
 >
 >  Sorry you didn't get on with Lua, its a great language.
 >
 >  Stephen

 In a business environment I understand that sentiment. Not here
 though. None of us are here to serve the incompetent.

 --
 -Patrick Donnelly

 "One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
 to do and always a clever thing to say."

 -Will Durant

--
David Welch

Thorcom Systems Limited, Unit 4, 96B Blackpole Trading Estate West, Worcester, WR3 8TJ
Tel: +44 (0)1905 756700  Fax: +44 (0)1905 755777  Web: www.thorcom.co.uk
Registered in England and Wales number 2704696.