Let's give Thomas a break on this... He said himself he'd only respond to technical issues now, so why bother asking anything but?

And anyways, the language border is now more fuzzy than when I did LuaX a few years back. Token filters offer ways to have microevolution within the language boundaries. Biologists have the same dilemma with species, and they define superspieces as those, which can reproduce (merge) among themselves. This is Good in nature, since it is an effective way of immense variation.

Lua authors are clear on what should _not_ be called Lua. They are not so clear on what _should_ be.

As to the current situation, I don't think it will matter. Much. My upcoming variants will hold the Lua name, I might just as well place a bid on "Lua Super" here and now. :) You'll see about it later.

Cheers, and Love, Peace etc.
-asko