Hi Luiz,

   You are right, sorry for the misunderstood.  Just one request to
avoid confusion in the online versrion of PIL: http://www.lua.org/pil/
we can see:

Copyright (c) 2003-2004 Roberto Ierusalimschy.  All rights reserved.
This online book is for personal use only. It cannot be copied to
other web sites or further distributed in any form.

And in the online version of the manual:
http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html

Copyright (c) 2006 Lua.org, PUC-Rio. All rights reserved.

In the second case you have to click on the "Copyright" word to see
the complete copyright, there we can see it is licensed as the
software under the terms of the MIT license. But if you don't only the
"All rights reserved" is seen, and seems like the manual is not under
an "open source" license. Maybe you could think in putting  a more
explicit note about manual's license terms, something like:

of the MIT License</a>Copyright &copy; 2006 Lua.org, PUC-Rio.  All
rights reserved.

Surely it will avoid future doubts (like mine).  Now I regret feeling
bad about the license of the manual, I'm really glad to see such a
good reference manual freely available. ;)

Cheers,
   Jose L.