Hi Roberto,
   Actually does anybody have rights to put a copy of the html in their projects ? That is,  if I have a project that proudly uses lua as scripting language do I have to ask for rights to put a copy of the html manual? Even if is a open source project? For example, is the plugin http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1291 infringing copyright laws for  integrating a vim-help document with the full content of the lua manual ?

Have you considered to use creative commons, or similar, for documentation ?

The Maxi project web page is : http://maxi.luaforge.net/ the link had disappeared from the page of user projects. For those who hasn't seen it is an open source editor extensible with lua. I would find useful having the documentation integrated with an open source editor...  maybe they shouldn't give a copy of the lua manual in CHM, but even HTML is forbidden looking the copyright of the lua manual  ("all rights reserved", not only derivatives)

I feel really sad about open source projects with very "closed" documentation...

Jose L.

On 11/29/06, Roberto Ierusalimschy < roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo a écrit :
> >MAXi
> >http://www.lua.org/uses.html#256
>
> [...]
> - You include a CHM version of Programming in Lua, do you have the
> rights to do this?

No...

-- Roberto