>    Actually does anybody have rights to put a copy of the html in their
> projects ? That is,  if I have a project that proudly uses lua as scripting
> language do I have to ask for rights to put a copy of the html manual?

Yes, the Lua license explicitly says so: the "Software" means "this
software and associated documentation files". So you can distribute
the reference manual freely.

But you cannot distribute PiL. The web site says so:
	"This online book is for personal use only. It cannot be copied to
	other web sites or further distributed in any form."
	http://www.lua.org/pil/

--lhf