> Debian lists include Message-IDs in the archives, and use them for
> referring to messages; that way you can google for them, references
> don't become useless if the archive moves, and you can look up referenced
> messages in your local mailboxes with a regular search.

The raw lua-l archives contain everything, including Message-IDs.

The lua-l archive at MARC allows you to search for Message-IDs.
For instance, your message is
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?i=20060927003636.GI23390%20()%20zewt%20!%20org

So does the lua-l archive, though you'll have to fill the web form yourself
and it'll only work tomorrow for your message (when the archive gets refreshed).
But try any older message.

I'm not sure but perhaps the lua-l archive at lua-users can be set to
display Message-IDs.
--lhf