Michael T. Richter wrote:
That's not a good comparison.  BASIC is hairy.  It's a horrible mess of
inconsistent syntax and hoary kludges slathered over hoary kludges.
Even C++ is only marginally more hirsute than a modern BASIC.

But even a 5 year old can pick up BASIC! I should know, seeing as it was my first programming language (on my beloved C64 ^_^) at precisely that tender age.

Lua makes... Logo?  Yeah.  Logo.  Lua makes Logo look hairy.  ;-)

Never used Logo for more than quick doodles. I vaguely remember it *could* get a lot hairier, but that most people just used a real programming language instead ;)

--
Lisa
http://www.thecommune.org.uk/~lisa/