Imho, if people are not giving away (meaning, disclosing) their sources, I don't think such modules should be in a public Lua deployment system anyhow. Give an example?

i.e. NI-DAQmx interface and their GPIB stuff too, are proprietary, but only as far as the drivers are involved. They need to be installed separately, of course. But the interfacing to such drivers can be public.

-ak

24.9.2004 kello 06:39, Peter Loveday kirjoitti:

 Yes, absolutely binaries if available.

Issues of compilers aside, lets not forget that not everyone will want to (or will be able to) give away sources to their modules.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday
Director of Development, eyeon Software

----- Original Message ----- From: "Asko Kauppi" <asko.kauppi@sci.fi>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: package proposal

I wasn't planning to go this far on the route, yet. Just to see, which implications the discussion on modules would have for distribution.

But, having said that, I agree with your list below. Note: PocketPC should also be as #1. Incidentially, this is also the way LuaX does.. ;P (well, 1 & 3 anyhow)

-ak