On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:47:33AM +0300, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> The source approach (if hidden well, like Fink and Gentoo do it) would
> work well, especially since luac-compiled code is highly version
> dependent.  If modules use it (and are binary distributed), they very
> much themselves to a certain version.

Yeah, that's fine for Lua sources, but I'm not sure how well it would
work for C. Perl is very much a UNIX thing, and Lua much less so, I
believe. I've never tried CPAN under Windows, but I'm guessing it must
require Cygwin for that? Seems like a Lua solution should work well
regardless of the development environment. That probably means
providing three options:

1) Grab a binary if one is available for your system
2) Build using UNIX tools (and maybe have a go at VC++?)
3) Externalise the sources for a self-build (also desirable for
   people who want to link statically).

-- Jamie Webb