The source approach (if hidden well, like Fink and Gentoo do it) would work well, especially since luac-compiled code is highly version dependent. If modules use it (and are binary distributed), they very much themselves to a certain version.

-ak

21.9.2004 kello 22:03, Gunnar Zötl kirjoitti:

 Hi there,

AK> That is, what's our CPAN and how modules are packaged, tied together
AK> etc.

this is a very interesting discussion. While we're at it, I like the
perl approach of distributing C- or C++-modules in source form, and
supporting a unified environment to build them. Considering that lua
is primarily a language meant for embedding into applications, I feel
it would be a good thing, especially if one could choose to build
either static or dynamic versions of such a module.

just food for thought,

Gunnar