On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

How about allowing modules to be packages?

Meaning?

Merge the concepts of modules and packages. You already talk about modules being hierarchic.

Yes, we could remove the stuff related to loadlib. On the other hand,
I think it is important an easy way to use C modules in Lua; several
current Lua modules has only C code.

Speaking as an author of some C-only modules, if it were necessary to add some easily-generated Lua boilerplate to get the code to load, I'm not sure that would be a problem, especially if it simplified the requires system rules.

I do not allow `|' as a separator, do I?

Maybe I was misreading or misattributing an earlier post.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | resident, a.  unable to leave (Bierce)