It's almost an year since we installed the new (Lua based) list server here at
TeCGraf. On the whole, I'm pretty satisfied with it, but lua-l has reached a
size that I can no longer manage it by hand. Plus, the server is not spam proof.

So, we're considering moving lua-l fully to Yahoo Groups. Everyone will be
automatically added to lua-l at Yahoo Groups and so this move will be mostly
transparent. Also, I understand that you do not need an Yahoo ID to be a member
of an Yahoo group: everything can be handled by email.
You only need an Yahoo ID if you want to use the services of Yahoo Groups, such
as changing your subscription to digest or web, for instance.

This message is just to let you know our plans regarding lua-l.
Do any of you object to this move?

Perhaps there are disadvantages that we do not know about. Right now, I only
know of advantages (eg., automatic handling of requests, digest subscriptions).
I wish I knew how fast posting are delivered to Yahoo Groups. Our list server
here is pretty fast.

If there are no complaints, the change to Yahoo Groups will happen during next
week. The list at TeCGraf may be down during the transition.
--lhf