Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20221203205453.zOTwX%steffen@sdaoden.eu>:
 |For the other one i think i would go for LONG_MAX and INT_MAX,
 |which surely are both usable in preprocessor; from
 |  # if LUAI_IS32INT && LONG_MAX != INT_MAX
 |     /* 'long' has at least 64 bits */

This assumes that 16-bit platforms are not supported, of course.
It is a bit flaky anyhow and will need adjustments for possible
128-bit platforms.  (I track some MLs, and i think on FreeBSD in
commit messages, or -hackers@, or -current@, i saw the one or the
other statement towards awareness of integer types and 128-bit.)
Maybe add another #if to check whether int itself is 64-bit.

Ciao (now silent),

--steffen