Lua 5.4.0 (alpha) has been frozen and is now available for testing at
	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.0-alpha.tar.gz

The checksums are
	MD5	d49d30b394794b96ffad53513ac647a5  -
	SHA1	cf3559dc43cad35463740c6fbedeb1ea501e5e23  -

This is an alpha version. Some details may change in the final version.

The main changes in Lua 5.4.0 are listed at
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes

An updated reference manual is included and also available at
	http://www.lua.org/work/doc

The complete diffs of changes are available at
	http://www.lua.org/work/

If your platform is a common Unix-like platform, just do
	make guess
The Makefile will guess your platform using uname and build Lua for it.
We welcome feedback on this, which is new, especially more uname targets
with explicit rules and fixes for existing ones.

We also welcome feedback on the listings output by luac -l -l, because
luac has been rewritten to account for the new VM instructions.

All feedback welcome. Thanks.
--lhf