On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 14:36, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Lua 5.4.0 (alpha) has been frozen and is now available for testing at
>         http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.0-alpha.tar.gz

Hi,

1) Adding a 'toclose' variable in the 'for' loop is an undesirable
feature in my opinion. Not aware of any language that does that.

2) With regards to the 'toclose' variable declaration, introducing a
'with' statement is the nicest approach.

with <vars> = <initializers> do

end

This idiom is familiar to most programmers who use Python.
BTW @Patrick Donnelly this has nothing to do with Python's reasons for it etc.

3) Finally I feel the 'const' feature can be omitted so that leaves
only one syntactical addition as above, and gets rid of the issue of
annotations for now.  (I am for a generic annotations capability but I
feel it isn't a good fit here - I agree with Daurnimator on this
point).

Regards
Dibyendu